Saturday, June 2, 2012

More Food!

Left: Tom, our amazing tour guide and right: Charlie, our amazing bus driver!

All of us at dinner at The Blarney Woolen Mills,
Cork. I highly recommend this place for the hotel,
but not necessarily for food, if you find yourselves
in Cork! There are pubs nearby for food and a pint!
The first Irish Stew that we had - I was
not impressed. Rice? I wasn't expecting rice!
It was made with beef, so all was good. I wish I
had a photo of the next Irish Stew that we had -
it was stew, with potatoes and was delish!

This brown bread was amazing and served breakfast, lunch
and dinner. I liked it so much I brought back a loaf!
I am going to have to find a recipe - and I will
share it when I do!



One delicious dinner at our hotel in Killarney!

Beautiful desserts!





We got into a huge discussion at dinner on what this fruit was! Turns out it is a Japanese Lantern fruit - I had no idea.... Someone finally googled it!
















Fish and chips at Shanahan's Pub in Dublin - and of course, mushy peas! It was sooo good! The Irish call restaurants that serve fish and chips "chippers".













No comments:

Post a Comment